Welcome to Digital Restoration Drama
Digital Restoration Drama seeks to expand electronic access to plays from the English Restoration. Currently, the project is limited to plays performed, printed, or written between 1660 and 1685, covering the reign of Charles II.
Digital Restoration Drama offers TEI-encoded, lightly-edited, full-text editions of plays, supported by metadata reflecting the publication and performance histories of each text.
This project is still in active development, and the current version is primarily for testing and proof-of-concept purposes. Many elements of the site are currently non-functional or semi-functional. Please contact us with any questions or concerns here. The site will be changing frequently within the next few months, so check back often!
Currently, the following plays are have full texts available:
- John Banks's The Unhappy Favourite; or, The Earl of Essex
- Aphra Behn's The Second Part of The Rover
- John Lacy's Sauny the Scot
- Samuel Pordage's Herod and Mariamne
- Edward Ravenscroft's Titus Andronicus; or, The Rape of Lavinia
- William Rowley's The Birth of Merlin
- Charles Sedley's Antony and Cleopatra
- George Villiers's The Chances, with Alterations